Friday, January 05, 2007

Preachers and fancy cars.


I need to talk to a very rich man. I mean filty rich. The buy a car worth half million kinda rich. I want to know why you would spend THAT much money on a car. I mean there has to be a point where the cost of the car isn't true value but more of the intrinsic value of the car. The name. The prestige.

Granted, one can make the argument that the price of the name doesn't have to start in the Bently , Maybach level. It could very well start at the BMW, Mercedes level. I do agree but there is a world of difference with $100 000 and $250 000 for a car.

The Continental Spur. A beautiful car in every which way of the word. Is it that much better than the Mercedes S class S65??  I mean, is it really that better??

I decided to price out the Mercedes S65 and the BMW 7.60i with all the sweet additions. I was able to get it to $200k for the Mercedes. What else do u need? Why does one spend more?

Can anyone give me insight on this?

No comments: