Thursday, January 11, 2007

The Iphone- HAWT!!!!




I saw the future yesterday and it was good. Sweet jesus what a sweet looking phone. U got to give Apple credit cuz the Iphone is HOT. Str8t up sexy. banging form factor. I think this can shake the world.

Firstly, if you don't know what I am talking about after looking at the picture, then go to Apple.com/iphone and prepare to drool. Ok, I will ease up on the fan boy hysteria. Let look at the pro and cons of the Iphone.

Pros-

Sexy form factor- Looks polished from the get go. No clunky space to dissuade customers, ALready sleek and ready to go.
Screen- the screen is f**king gorgeous. Looks beautiful. No more tiny phone screen to peer at.

UI- THIS is the Killer app right here. If APple is able to make making and taking calls as good as the initial Ipod experience then they have a winner. The UI will sweep away about any cons I can think of Provided it is as nice as I expect.
From what I see, tapping does one thing. U can use your fingers to move the screen and enlarge and reduce images. I need to see how this works.
4-8gig HD- **Gets on KNees and THANks God** Finally!!! Just sync with music or files and GO! Awesome!! Although not the first phone to market a hd but the first one to be openly marketed in US in recent history.

OSX- I am interested on how this will work. A full blooded Safari browser on this things?? Tabbed browsing? WOW. No more WAP? I will be interested to see how that works. Maybe the WIfi on THIS phone will ork better than my DAsh.

Visual Voicemail- I thot that was huge. checking ur voice mail like mail is awesome.I have my VOIP line email me when a voicemail comes thru. Being able to choose whose VM u listen to is simple yet powerful. More control to the customer. Lord knows I want to be able to know who left a message first on my phone.
This just shows how powerful APple is. I bet they had to change somethng in their systems to let Apple do that.

GSM- Simple. it can be unlocked. if it can be unlocked. Folks complaining about price will be shocked on how expensive these suckers will go on Ebay. Can't wait.

CONS-

Price- It is freaking expensive but it is the price u pay for being a first adapter. If you look at other new phones, a lot of phones cost $399 or $499 to begin with. I dunno why folks are complaining for a phone. I know folks at work that paid $559 for a Pocketpc phone. Folks WILL buy this phone.

Carrier- Cingular. I put this as a con since I have T-mobile contract and I was considering Cingular for a while. Crap!! I guess. Though, if anyone should switch for a phone, it is the Iphone. Cingular wins big on this one though...

Battery- Non removable. WAT?? So if the battery dies, where do I put my data? I hope there is a data backup feature that one can use to backup the content sof the Iphone so when you get a replacement, u just resync and move on. I will say that most people keep their phones for a year or so. Then they switch out for the next one. So maybe the battery issue will not be a bad as I think it will be.

Conclusion: this phone gives me a geek boner just looking at it. I hope the actual device is just as good. This might be a paradigm shift that we will see the effects til 2009 when the Cingular Multiyear agreement ends.

PVP knows what i feel!!: http://www.pvponline.com/article/3075/tue-jan-09

6 comments:

Don said...

I have a natural hate for Apple Ipods and all its descendants..this one inclusive.

O, u know, Apple and Cisco are in a legal war...yeh apparently before apple, Cisco had the iPhone idea (original indeed...they were just waiting for Steve Jobs to pull off another of his "creative" ideas and booyakasha..a nice left hook a la lawsuit...ooh la la)

Funmilayo said...

You know you've got issues, don't you? "Geek boner", WTH?
Well I still love you though ;)

Unknown said...

I was pretty high on the iPhone immediately after the announcement, but my level of enthusiasm has cooled significantly since then.

First of all, it's Apple's first foray into wireless, meaning there are bound to be unforeseen issues that they have to work through. Then there's the price, the fact that it's locked to Cingular, the lack of UMTS, the non-removable battery, wondering how the touchscreen-only thing is going to hold up, etc.

Does the phone look sweet? Absolutely. Apple has always been a pioneer in the design department. Does Steve Jobs know how to sell a product? Uh, YES. But now I have to let my rational side take over and wait to see how well the phone does. Meanwhile, I'm still holding out for the Nokia N95.

neo said...

I think Apple is making some huge power moves. But the turn off for me will be the price..however if folks found a way to buy ipods even when they were MAD expensive, they'll buy iphones if for anything but for the 'cool' factor..

Spiritual Ninja said...

IPhone prices is not an issue at all. If the Iphone is anytihng like we expected then folks will PAY it. I guarantee it. U gotta look long term.

By 2009, all carriers will be able to carry the 2-3rd gen IPhone. Bugs will be worked out and new functionality will be added. EV-DO and HDPDA chipsets. it will be huge.

Funmilayo said...

GEEEEKKKKS