Tuesday, December 26, 2006

Am allergic to the homeless

Not really but I am slightly peeved at them. Ok quick recap. Wifey and I went to a homeless shelter to help out on Xmas day. the shelter were giving free thermal underwear, hats , gloves and food out. Awesome experience, simply because it gave me pause to realize that I am freaking blessed to have what I have now.

Anyway, I came down with a severe throat infection. Coughing was very painful and I was sucking down cough drops to numb the pain enuf. I think my immune system got dropped kicked by a bunch of people with a lot more germ power than I had.

o now I am laid out in bed, drinking orange juice. hot toddies and any other concoction that my wife deems necessary for me. She even had plans for a Vicks hot tub experiment for me but I wasn't about to do so.

All in all, I would do it again. In fact, i will do it again. Volunteering for stuff lik that makes u realize what blessings u have as you exist right now. It makes u appreciate life as it is for u.

One thing though. if people hare are soo destitute.. how are folks in countries in Africa. Nigeria sef? we do ourselves a great disservice not contributing to reducing poverty in any way we can.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I already told Funmi how I think you got sick. I think it's a very viable explanation.