Monday, November 06, 2006

I can't cook... Sue me!!!

I can't cook. Haven't been able in a while. Don't really see much desire to do so. Even in my bachelor alone days, I still didn't' cook much. I scrounged off family friends and dear sister to get cooked meals. I survived, In fact, I look pretty damned good for a guy that blanks out when people hand him measuring spoons and says words like "fold, baste, fricassee" Cooking channels are just as entertaining as Telemundo for me. Both channels speak language I don't understand. Most important thing is that i survived.

Now wifey comes into my life and she loves to cook. Wants to cook. Knows that I don't want to cook or can cook. She is OK with it. Now, some men and women will look at her in disgust for "accepting such a subservient female role". They are mugus all of them. If she didn't cook, I would still eat. the reason she cooks?? Honestly dunno . Don't care. My wife cooks cuz she loves me.

When I compliment her on the delectable meal, I have. Her face lights up. It is in my best interest to speak on her fooding skills as effusively as possibly. I think she likes it when I throw in a bunch of adjectives and do the holy ghost dance after a steak dinner. I thin collapse on the bed but I think she likes that as well.

It works for us and I am not about to be messing with a good thing. maybe some day I will surprise her with a home cooked meal. I will also rent a crash cart and ready the defibrillator as well. I might need it.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Ah, Ugo...you and I are of the same mind. Now I just need to find a woman of the same mind as Funmi. Then all will be right in the universe. A woman who loves to cook and a man who loves to eat good food. Can there be a better match?

neo said...

LOL..dude but you at least know how to boil water if anything? That's the first cooking step..

I don't know how to cook, cook but I can put together stuff to eat without having to buy food outside.

Thank God for the *Funmi's* of the world..