Saturday, November 25, 2006

Fear of in laws

I survived the in laws!!! Wifey unit had the entire family come to our place for thnxgiving. Now I knew that they were coming but I still had to stifle an initial emotion of panic.

All her family here in this small, tiny apt. My apt isn't small by no means but with with 4 extra people coming in, my apt felt like a litter box.


I couldn't get over it. I reduced the gibbering fear to a slight whimper. Wifey couldn't help me cuz this is her family! her people. I was the intruder that that took their only daughter. They are coming to MY place and staying in my place.


What if they don't like the way e live? What if they think I am not good enuf for her?What if they think I don't treat wifey right and proceed to beat me with cold turkey legs?


Not rational thots but in laws initiate my fight of flight instincts. It turned out great though but I didn't realize that I had such fears. It wasn't until the parents had left that I was relieved.

Now imagine if I had bad in laws. I would need anti ulcer medicine.

My life is good.

1 comment:

neo said...

Small wonder movies, books, articles, and such have been written on said subject.

May God give us all great in-laws.