Thursday, August 02, 2007

Kamikaze Shot blocker

Been a while y'all. A lot has happened since my last post. Actually, I was unable to blog for a while. What happens when you shatter your elbow. Yeah, shattered not broken not sprained or strained. Shattered.

How did it happen? All for defense baby. DEE-fense!! My friend went to the hole for an easy layup. So that little kamikaze voice in my head started screaming “ Block his shot !!! Block his shot for the motherland!!”

Like a good soldier I obeyed the call and went for the block. Now usually I go for the ball but that day I wanted to make a statement!! I wanted to block the shot out of the court and into another zip code!!

For the motherland!!! For the....MOTHERF*** PAIN PAIN, OMIGOD so much PAIN!!!

According to bystanders, I got a gleam in my eye as I saw the player heading to the basket and I leaped into the air screaming words in Japanese! My amazing jumping ability propelled me from the ground so fast, I careened into the player. The player seeing my massive ups, cringed in horror and flailed to avoid the inevitable embarrassment that comes form trying o score on me. Or It could have been that i was screaming in Japanese.

The collision knocked my legs out from under me and my arm got pinned to my side. I landed right on that elbow and my hip landed on the elbow. It was perfect. All my weight on that elbow. Bystanders said that there was a snap but all I remember was PAIN PAIN PAIN.

I thot it was a bad sprain or muscle injury but I couldn't lift my arm. Naturally, I was not gonna play ball so I went home for some TLC from the Super Wifey. My arm was throbbing man.. couldn't move it much so we rolled to the hospital.

Now I had just hurt my arm and thot I understood what was pain. Every bump on the road was painful and turns sucked. I have never hated turns and curves EVER in my life. A lengthy 45 min wait, I got an xray.

Usually, an xray is a good thing but Not today. I can't understand why after SHATTERING YOUR ARM, the xray technician wanted me to place my arm in positions that require me to be healthy and pain free to do!! I was not having it. The tech needed to get another technician to hold me down. I was not happy about taking those xrays.Not happy? I was PISSED!!

The doc I saw, told me that I had broken my elbow. Put me in a sling.. PAINFUL!!! Couple weeks of rehab and I would be ok. She was very cherry too. Told me that this kind of injury really is great for arthritis for the rest of my life. I was like... thanks good to know.

Wifey felt a disturbance in the force when dealing with the doctor so we went to another one and they told me that I had a shattered elbow and needed surgery. SURGERY?? CRAP!!! how am I gonna pay for this? I got coverage but these sucker still cost!!!

All this for a blocked shot??



3 comments:

Funmilayo said...

Screaming in Japanese? :P LMAO...baby you're hilarious!! I love you!

Don said...

you should write a book...a movie...something.

neo said...

What did you scream in Japanese any way?

I'd imagine a man of your status would scream, "BAN-KAI!!!" or, "TSUNADE-SAMA!"

hope you're feeling better now sha...