Thursday, February 08, 2007

Techies sites and racist views....

I have noticed a very disquieting things over the year I visit my tech sites. I usually hit up 3-5 tech news and gadgets sites to get my fix on the latest and craziest of the day. These sites are usually dynamic and change over the hour so one can come back and get a fresh dose of cool. One of them is slashdot.org. A very popular site, One notable thing is that if an article gets posted on Slashdot, the web traffic it generates usually melts the server that contains the article. The effect is called Slashdotted. Another website is Digg.com. A new site that grew to popularity real quick.  Same effect on their top 10 articles.

Here is the problem. A lot of techies love evolution and hate those intelligent design hater mongers. They feel that folks that can't see that Science is better than faith are idiots and express it so. Religion is also another good one. Say something good about Christianity and watch the trolls come and spew "knowledge" about how Xtianity is responsible for the raping of lil babies in the 1800's cuz the Pope said so.  Religion dispute, I can handle. I don't try to change people's belief these days. I respect your opinion, I will tell u mine. I figure if I am right, I will be there to say " I was right". If I am wrong, there aren't any " I told u so" in Oblivion.

What I really dislike are supposedly intelligent people espousing inherently racist views and claiming not to be racist. Now, when we start talking about evolution, we  start mixing religion, science and race!!! SO I have snotty atheists coming out of the wood works to express racist views and acting surprised if someone tells them that they are bigots…

Today, someone quoted or misquoted Darwin saying "Blacks are under evolved ". Now I don't know about u but that ish is racist. And of course, folks came into o defend the statement. Personally I don't care what Darwin said. The notion of evolution explaining why we are who we are is B.S in my opinion but I don't like folks blindly trying to explain racist notions as scientific ones.

It is a free country but come on people.. When a store fires half their work force and all are black, there is something racist about that. No need to defend that. If a woman says, I don't find white or black men attractive. That is racist. Don’t  try to use ur intellect to make it sound different. U can't perfume shit enough.

1 comment:

neo said...

Closet racists are the new black in america. Seriously, I always chuckle at how they get their feathers ruffled, panties and bras in a bunch when someone points out to them their clearly bigoted views.

There was this one on an ATL falcons msg board that I frequent every now and then being the Vick fan I am about how black qb's are underperformers compared to their white counterparts.